Trust Provident Electric With Your Restaurant Kitchen
If you own or work in a restaurant, you already know the importance of good working kitchen equipment. Specifically, your electrical system is vital to your success. A malfunctioning refrigerator or oven can make all the difference. This is why we recommend establishing a relationship with a reputable team of electricians, like the team at Provident Electric. We offer unrivaled restaurant electrical services to business owners throughout Frederick, Germantown, Westminster, and Middletown, MD. Our team understands your electrical system is vital for your business. Whether lighting your dining room or ensuring food is fresh and cooked properly, electricity is needed for every aspect of your success. Provident Electric will work with you to ensure your system is ready for the days ahead.
Reasons You Need to Maintain Your Electrical Equipment
Any electrical issues in your kitchen can not only shut down your business but can also be dangerous. Keeping up to date with all required maintenance and repairs ensures your kitchen runs smoothly. Without good, reliable equipment, it isn’t easy to keep your business going and customers happy. Our team has pulled together some of the most significant reasons why you need to maintain the electrical equipment in your restaurant, including:
- Safety – This may be one of the most prominent and impactful reasons to maintain your kitchen equipment. Any neglected equipment, repairs, or services can lead to avoidable accidents and injuries. We recommend keeping up with your lighting systems, such as your parking lot, entrances, back doors, and pathways. This not only ensures a safe and clear view for your customers but helps deter break-ins.
- Energy Efficiency – When you invest in energy-efficient equipment and upgrade your electrical system, your energy bill will decrease. Investing in quality products ensures they last longer while keeping the energy bill low.
- Less Repairs – Maintaining your electrical equipment is important, as it helps extend the life of your appliances while helping you avoid frequent repairs. Preventative measures ensure you can avoid emergency service calls, as refrigerators, stoves, and registers work as intended.
- Extended Lifespan – As mentioned, when you properly maintain your equipment, you ensure your equipment lasts longer. If you don’t keep up with all recommended repairs and maintenance, you may replace equipment more frequently than necessary.
- Happy Customers – Almost any restaurant will tell you that happy repeat customers are a wonderful thing. You always want your customers to leave happy and ready to tell their friends. Proper maintenance can help you avoid food coming out cold, delayed, or not at all. Avoid turning off potential customers with properly working equipment.
- Improved Quality – Neglected equipment can result in contaminated food that doesn’t meet your high standards. Avoid these complications entirely by scheduling routine maintenance appointments with a qualified professional.
Common Restaurant Electrical Issues
Avoid letting electrical issues put a stop to your dinner service. As we’ve mentioned, keeping up with routine electrical inspections and all required maintenance is important. These inspections can make a difference in keeping the flow of your restaurant going. We’ve compiled a list of the most common kitchen electrical issues we see and repair. If you’re experiencing any of these, don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule an appointment. Here is our list of common restaurant electrical issues:
- Be Careful When Storing Electrical Equipment – You should never store or use electrical appliances near kitchen areas with water. If water happens to spill in the work area, it’s important never to unplug the appliance with wet hands. We recommend using thick rubber gloves to unplug the appliance. As soon as it’s clear, thoroughly dry the equipment in a safe place.
- Remain Up-to-Date With Inspections – We recommend scheduling a professional electrical inspection at least once a year. Our team will check for power surges, frayed and exposed wires, and damaged appliances. Once completed, we’ll provide our findings, including any recommended repairs or upgrades.
- Stay Aware – When working in the kitchen, it’s vital to remain aware of any frayed or exposed wires and signs of smoke from any appliance. If you notice, you should remove these from your kitchen as soon as possible.
- Overloaded Circuits – You should never plug multiple pieces of equipment into one extension or an extension cord. When you overload your outlets, it can lead to electrical fires. Another tip is to turn off your electrical equipment when not in use. Further, extension leads and double adaptors are not recommended in any professional kitchen.
- Watch Extension Cords – If you use extension cords in your kitchen, they should always be stored in dry places away from all moisture buildup, hot surfaces, walkways, and chemicals. We recommend not using extension cords as permanent solutions for your equipment. You should also never use any cords that feel warm while in use.
- Damaged Equipment – In order to keep your kitchen safe and running smoothly, you should remove any damaged or defective equipment or worn wires. These pieces should be replaced as soon as possible if repairs aren’t possible. Exposed wire or damaged equipment can cause electrocution or lead to electrical fires.
- Lack of Training on Safety Switches – All staff members should be aware of the safety switch locations. They should understand which switches work with what pieces of equipment. When everyone is on the same page, it makes it easier to act in case of an emergency.
- Lack of Training for Electrical Equipment – Like safety switches, all staff should be trained to act in certain electrical situations. These include wearing rubber-soled footwear, how to shut the power in emergencies, and how to help those being electrocuted. The kitchen is a high-traffic and stressful area, and understanding what to do in an emergency can help keep heads cool.
Why Hire a Reputable Electrician?
Regardless of the type of business you run, your work would grind to a halt without electricity. Electricity keeps the lights on, your production line running and ensures you can cook a great meal. Businesses need to rely on a team of reputable electricians to keep everything running smoothly. We’ve compiled a list of the most significant benefits of hiring and relying on our team of reputable electrical contractors, including:
- Save Money – Our seasoned electricians will be able to detect any issues with your system and provide expert recommendations for upgrades and improvements. The upgrades may cost more upfront, but these investments will pay for themselves over time.
- Improved Energy Efficiency – If your monthly energy bill is rising or more than it used to be, it’s time to call our team to help. We’ll inspect your current system and correct any issues that lead to higher-than-average energy bills. Updates include updating old wiring, inefficient appliances, and more.
- Licensed Professionals – When you work with us, you have the peace of mind that licensed professionals handle each project. We’ll ensure your business is up to code to meet legal and safety regulations.
- Improved Safety – One of the best reasons to hire a reputable electrical contractor is the guarantee of your safety. Our team understands electrical work can be dangerous and have severe consequences. You can rely on us to use all necessary safety equipment and be up-to-date with training and professional knowledge to complete jobs safely.
Why Choose Provident Electric?
Provident Electric proudly offers exemplary electrical services to local homes and businesses. Since 2002, we’ve provided unrivaled, courteous, efficient, and dependable electrical services. Our highly-trained electricians are trained to offer comprehensive solutions that get the job right for the first time. You can rely on us to use premium products, industry-leading techniques, and state-of-the-art equipment to get the job done right. We understand our customers come first, meaning you’ll work with a team that listens to your needs while delivering superior results. For example, you can expect to receive constant updates, ensuring you’re in the loop. Provident Electric is committed to working with you through each step of the process, from the initial conversations to project completion.
Contact Us for Commercial Electrical Services
Running a restaurant is no easy task. Help yourself by working with a team of highly reputable electrical professionals you can rely on in case of an emergency. You can rely on our team to help with electrical repairs and maintenance and even provide needed prevention. If your lighting system is having issues, it can affect your overall ambiance, or if your refrigeration unit is malfunctioning, it can affect your reputation and bottom line. We encourage you to take the time to invest in premium electrical services to help your restaurant succeed and remain thriving for years to come. If you have any questions or want to discuss how we can help your restaurant, don’t hesitate to reach out.